The Dragas Companies, named America’s Best Builder by Builder Magazine, seeks Construction Superintendent single-family home building construction experience to join our company.
As Virginia’s most trusted name in building, our tradition of providing homes of enduring value in beautiful, planned communities for our customers has created unparalleled stability and growth opportunities for our team. Competitive salary, and generous benefits await qualified candidates.
The Construction Superintendent coordinates all construction activities and supervises junior personnel and subcontractors to build high quality, single-family homes within a planned community on time and within budget while maintaining a safe, organized, and clean job site.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and supervise all construction activities required to build to approved plans, specifications, and company standards of excellence.
• Direct field personnel and subcontractors to build homes on schedule, within budget and with attention to fine workmanship and detail.
• Follow, maintain, and update production schedules.
• Authorize payments to subcontractors for completed work.
• Schedule city inspections.
• Perform quality control inspections.
• Team with Production Coordinator to ensure material is ordered on time and schedule tracking system is current.
• Maintain positive, productive relationships with co-workers and subcontractors.
• Ensure job site safety, structure, and cleanliness.
Required Skills & Characteristics:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in semi- or custom residential construction supervision.
• Extensive technical and practical construction knowledge.
• Ability to read and analyze blueprints and other construction documents.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven leadership skills and initiative.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with scheduling software & Microsoft Office suite.
• Decisive, flexible, and work well under pressure.
• Demonstrated employment stability and personal financial management