The Dragas Companies of Virginia Beach, a pre-eminent real estate developer and builder of residential communities in Hampton Roads is seeking a Maintenance Technician to support our maintenance team at one of our large apartment communities. A competitive salary of up to $80,000, based on experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package is offered for this position. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for upkeep and maintenance of the internal and external structure of the apartment community.
Maintenance Technician must have skills in areas such as HVAC, plumbing, grounds upkeep, carpentry, painting, and janitorial and electrical services.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
- Inspects apartment units and other structures to determine functional systems, detect malfunctions and needed repairs
- Performs minor electrical repairs (e.g. repair/replacement of wall switches and outlets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, replacement of incandescent and fluorescent bulbs)
- Performs minor plumbing repairs (e.g. replacement or repairs of leaks in drains, faucets, unclogging of drains, replacement of washers and hoses)
- Performs painting, carpentry (e.g. hanging doors, fitting locks, and handles, etc.
- Prepares apartment units for rental, turnover
- Maintain grounds, parking lot, and work areas
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance
- On-call Service Rotation
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Two or more years working experience in residential apartment community
- Experience with HVAC
- Advance understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry is a plus EPA Certified
- Demonstrate employment stability and good credit standing